View Single Post
Old 04-06-24, 06:55 PM
Sierra_rider

Bikes: Santa Cruz Blur 4 TR, Canyon Endurace cf sl, Canyon Ultimate cf slx, Canyon Strive enduro, Canyon Grizl sl8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 1,101 Times in 419 Posts
Took the new bike out for it's maiden voyage this afternoon, a total of 26 miles, 3300' of climbing, and an average temp of 46F. I'm really impressed with it, very stiff(in a good way) and responsive. That and the light weight, it's a dream to climb hills with.

IDK if my disappointing FTP was a fluke yesterday, or not...I hate to brag, but I'm pumped on how I felt today. I ended up setting a few PR's and Strava top 10's on one particular road. I wasn't even aiming to set any PR's, but I looked down at my live segment 1/2 up the first climb and realized that I was on target for my previous record. So I kept pushing and then decided to see how many climbs I could push a PR pace on. The standout segment was 1 mile @ about 12%, that I held over 380 watts on for 8:40(7th OA.) I then was able to get a 1 minute recovery and get a 4 O/A on the next 1/2 mile climb. Even after all that, I was able to ride mostly tempo and threshold for the remaining miles of climbing back home.

Likes For Sierra_rider: