Old 04-07-24, 10:19 AM
spclark 

Bikes: 1972 Motobecane Grand Record, 2022 Kona Dew+

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Aardwolf
If you're after some new rims I'm not really the person to ask, but Mavic Reflex were mentioned and they're current for around $40 each.
There are probably many more anodized rims since that seems to be the modern fashion.
Hadn't been paying much attention to bikes & changes in technology the last three+ decades. Bought a 2022 Kona Dew+ a year ago use as a commuter three days a week, kind of 'get a toe back in' before I knew it'd be worthwhile to get my Motobecane ready to ride once again. Then I fell upon this Forum (thank you all!!) and have been getting back up to speed.

Seems Mavic Reflex sell for anywhere from US $52 (used) upwards to $80 - 150 new.

The Mavics I'm still using:

I bought a used pair of 700c Ukai clincher rims as built wheels, intending to build a pair of wheels to use on the roads here. Closer inspection revealed a small crack at a spoke hole in one rim so I changed my plans, used the other rim to build a trainer wheel.

Expensive lesson that, even before mis-calculating spoke lengths needed (my first attempt) for a 'no returns' order.

I'm not near any major metro area so the 'Net is my substitute for supplies & stuff. Be super having selections available to look at & maybe handle locally, so the Forum members here fill in the knowledge gaps nicely. LBS here in town's mostly MTB-oriented, be awesome were 40 years younger!