Thread: Tent Size
View Single Post
Old 04-08-24, 04:38 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3523 Post(s)
Liked 1,500 Times in 1,172 Posts
Condensation in a tent can be problematic if your tent is small enough that you are frequently touching the inside of the rain fly.

The tent in the photo below, I bought that about seven years ago, a single wall tent, the roof and ceiling are one sheet of silicone impregnated nylon. The tent is rated for two people based on floor size, but I think it would be a disaster with two, you would constantly be rubbing on the ceiling if you were on one side of the tent. But, for solo use, I find it works great because it is light weight and I can stay in the center of the tent, there I can avoid touching the condensation coated ceiling.

It is tall enough near the door that I can sit upright and not be pressing on the ceiling. Same tent below. I think this tent is no longer in production.

The tent below is my tiny tent for backpacking, that tent is small enough that I am constantly touching the ceiling, so I am happy to have a netting inner tent that when I touch that, it informs my brain that I will get wet if I push a few inches further.