Old 04-08-24, 07:30 PM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26482 Post(s)
Liked 10,449 Times in 7,248 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
What you mean your version of what “taking full advantage” actually means? Apparently only pros can “take full advantage”, while slower racers can only “appreciate” those performance gains. I just pointed out the simple fact that the slower racers actually derive a bigger time advantage from those aero gains. This was something that you obviously didn’t know, which is fine. You asked for an explanation, which I and another poster provided. Then you proceeded to move the goal posts rather than accept the simple facts.
...instead of wasting more of your time on multiple response posts, where you repeat yourself, maybe you could link to a source for your numbers on this ? I'm fine with reading it, and the accompanying studies. believe I said I found the idea intriguing, which means I'm still thinking about and digesting it. The idea that slow people could derive some measurable benefit from current, high end, aero frames is new to me. If I really wanted aero benefit, personally, I'd buy a fairing for a few hundred bucks.