sir_crash_alot
Noob Bee

Bikes: Specialized Crux, Winspace SLC 2.0, Giant TCR Alliance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
Given the current state of participation on BF, I think there really needs to be fewer sub forums, not more.

Many sub forums go days without a post, which discourages people from checking in, which exacerbates the problem.

If I were BF, I would merge most if not all the racing sub forums into the 33. You could always create gravel specific threads in one overarching forum

Also as racing is going in the US, it appears that for many people, in many locations, gravel racing is replacing, or at least passing traditional USAC road racing.
I would agree that there are a lot of sub-forums, which does make it harder to keep up in general at times. Regardless of if/how consolidation happens, a sensible place for people to talk about gravel racing would be great. Until then, this thread will have to suffice I suppose.

I did not actually think I was going to do gravel racing, but there just are not many road races in the upper midwest anymore it seems, especially those reasonably close to where I live. It's exciting though to have moved into the gravel space (while keeping a toe in the road scene), as I am enjoying the versatility of the gravel bike.