View Single Post
Old 04-14-24, 08:08 AM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8444 Post(s)
Liked 9,399 Times in 4,619 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
I posted this once before but many, many years ago, It was near 100º and I wasn't in the mood for a long ride so I took my trike to the trail to just turn my legs a little. I rode 12 miles and was gone a couple hours. I no longer remember all of the details but I do remember an ice cream shop, a coffee stop, petting some dogs, talking to a couple very old gentleman, letting a young person sit on my trike and schmoozing a couple old ladies.

One of the best rides ever.
A man was watering his yard as I rode by and I saw his 48 Chevy in the open garage. I asked if I could take a closer look at it and he said "sure". It was beautifully restored and he told me about the time he spent on it and how he put windows along the front wall of his garage so he could look out while working in there. Showed me his coop where he raised pigeons. Told me how he broke his neck in a fall when he worked at the studios and how his wife stuck with him through all the rehab and PT.
Great guy, lots of interesting stories. I've gone by there several times since but I haven't seen him.
Likes For big john: