Old 04-16-24, 03:23 PM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1466 Post(s)
Liked 1,432 Times in 786 Posts
Beginner's wheel building kit

Have you always wanted to build your own wheels but didn't know how to get started? Are you embarrassed that Kyle, the son of your riding buddy Eric doesn't ride bikes unless forced to, but manages to keep his dad's wheel's true? Well, if this is you, have I got a deal for you! For the low, low price of shipping, you too can learn to build wheels for fun and profit. Here's what you get:
  • Not one, but two 27-inch hookless rims (ooh! tubeless!), one Weinnman, one Kaga, both shown to be flat (though probably 40 years old) on my table saw
  • All the galvanized spokes and brass nipples you need for the front wheel and most of the galvanized spokes and brass nipples you need for the rear
  • A matched set of New Star high flange hubs (not new, old)
  • An almost matched pair of Shimano skewers
  • Feedback Sports one-arm truing stand
  • No dishing tool! (You read that correct–buy your own dang dishing tool.)

Johnny, show the folks what the lucky bidder gets.

Just look at all the nooks and crannies for spoke wrenches, wayward nipples and spoke prep.

The spokes and nipples for the front wheel have been cleverly attached to the rim so you don't have to sort front from rear.

I'd never heard of Kaga before (apparently neither has Velobase), so you get to do your own research on this extremely rare rim.

The rear spokes are sorted left v right, but you'll need to pick up a couple at your LBS or co-op.