View Single Post
Old 04-17-24, 07:20 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked 2,639 Times in 1,102 Posts
Originally Posted by Robvolz
On the “his” of his and hers Cinelli, this hanger keeps swooping downward where the qr lever hits the seat stay

thats why the PO put a qr lever on for the seat bolt

glad yours works.

is it any different from “hers?”

and is it keyed on the nds?

Mine clears just fine. It looks to my suspect eye as though, somewhere along the way, someone abused yours by bending it where it swoops away from the seat post bolt. It looks like a sharper angle than on mine (which is a bit less than 90 degrees) and the one photo of yours shows a hint of a bulge in the bend, the kind one would expect from bending it more than it wanted to go. (For those of you who have not seen Universal's take on a rear brake cable hanger, it is not a flat piece of metal, but has rounded edges like on a post-CPSC Campy front derailleur cage that I would think would not take kindly to being forced to bend further.)

Is mine keyed? I don't remember. I don't think so, but I'm too lazy to loosen the nut, check, and retighten the nut.