Strawbunyan
StillNewbieButInGrey

Bikes: 1982 Austro Daimler SLE, Eastern Alpaka 29er

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
If you pop the bushings out, and clean then grease they should spin smoothly. Shimano jockeys are pretty tough and durable.

I sanded a few burrs off the plastic on Bumblebeena’s jockeys and they work very well (Same 600 EX).

Everything looks like it arrived well.
they seem to spin well. I will clean them up and grease them. One of them has a split tooth and i didnt know how much it was going to effect its performance or how long it would last so i figured id start looking for a backup.

I got the new tires on. These skinny tires are a much bigger beast than my MTB tires....i actually needed my levers on these. Really nice tires, i think they will do very well where i ride....thank you dave, I really appreciate these. Hopefully i got my valve just off center enough to drive someone nuts...

My hand pump wont fully inflate it...time for a floor pump.

Does the rim tape on the inside keep the tube from being popped by the spokes? I thought the tape was for tubeless setup, I guess it is just on all rims. when i removed the back tire the rim tape came off with it in about 15 peices, should i make sure to tape that back up before inflating and using the tire?