Old 04-19-24, 04:39 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4592 Post(s)
Liked 5,133 Times in 3,171 Posts
Originally Posted by howaboutme
I have a Silca Matone. Because I have a short nose saddle that is placed where it has minimal rails in the back, to attach the bag, I have to pull the strap completely off each time. I have to route it through one rail, then through the bag before I route it through the 2nd rail. I also agree w/ a previous post that the strap for the Boa is a bit of a pain in the butt to attach. Because of how I use it and what I put in it, I have to take it off each time because of it's design. You can't open the bag while it's attached. Again, this was discussed earlier. Despite all of that, I still dig it. It just looks great! Do wish it was slightly bigger though.
I eventually got to the point where I just stopped using a saddle bag. I figured that I could simply stuff the contents of my Mattone in my jersey pockets and not have any of the hassle. The main problem I found with my Mattone was the zip after it got caked up in road grime. It became so stiff I had to lube the zip just to open the bag at home and I honestly thought it was going to break in the process, but to be fair it didn't.