View Single Post
Old 04-22-24, 08:22 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3859 Post(s)
Liked 1,081 Times in 815 Posts
Originally Posted by work4bike
There's a section of beach-front road I almost always travel at the end of my rides to cool down. It's a little over a mile in length, it has a speed limit of 20-mph and there is a stop sign just over every 300 feet (I've measured them on my computer, they're each 0.06-mile apart).

This road use to be just filled with lazy beach cruisers riding up and down this road. And no one ever paid attention to the stop signs. However, nowadays they've all been replaced by ebikes riding up and down this road -- I hardly see a beach cruisers anymore. And these ebike are moving at at least 20-mph with no regard to the the stop signs. And they do this in all parts of the road, including little kids, which makes it very difficult for others to see them coming, due to all the visual obstructions (parked cars).

The other day I come up to one of these stop signs at the same time a car does and I wave them on and he starts to go, but then I see him stop very quickly, I wave again and he waves back, then all of sudden an ebike comes zooming past me and then it makes sense on why he suddenly hit his brakes. I just shrug my shoulders, as if to say, Sorry
The city has put up warning signs about the dangers presented by ebikes.

There is a video in the link. Not sure what good the signs will do, but I'll keep riding down this road during my cool downs and see what happens.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...ns-of-e-bikes/

Neptune Beach Police Department posted signs to stop ‘dangerous operations of e-bikes’

Anyone violating the rules are subject to a $62.50 fine

Likes For work4bike: