Old 04-24-24, 11:17 AM
Strawbunyan
StillNewbieButInGrey

Bikes: 1982 Austro Daimler SLE, Eastern Alpaka 29er

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 104 Posts

look at that ugly mug next to that gorgeous bike.

Got the tubes in and got a ride in as well. Being strapped to the bike is super weird but ill get used to it. Definitly helps to have something to lean on to get strapped in for now, however, i was able to get a foot in while on the move a couple times, just have to ve careful or my toe clip slaps the ground if i miss on the first pass.

Shifting is also going to take some getting used to but i really like it. It is like the difference between a standard manual and paddle shifters....I fumbled to remember what was what before a big hill and missed my shift and ended up having to walk that bad boy instead.

The bike is SO FAST on the flats compared to the ole MTB, even on the gnarly roads I am riding on it gets down. I even Cycled IN the road instead of over the white line...mainly because with my smaller tires i dont want to accidently end up in some garbage(wasnt a big deal with the big ole 29x2.5 hookworms) or off into the grass...but also because i was actually moving fast enough to feel like i was able to share the roadway.

The brakes are working well enough but i still need to fine tune them.

in the 1980s, would people have considered it some sort of faux pas to slap japanese parts on a euro bike? I just want to know if i would have had to fist fight anyone over back in the day...🤣🤣🤣

Having said that. I think I am starting to have thoughts of a stable. Id like to full euro this bike....get a french bike...and get an all Japanese bike.
The AD
a Peugeot
and maybe a panasonic?
Someone please stop me....seriously stop me cause on of them is gonna get the full neon treatment to match my watch..

Last edited by Strawbunyan; 04-24-24 at 11:22 AM.
Likes For Strawbunyan: