View Single Post
Old 04-25-24, 02:21 PM
HaileSelassie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
The issue with assuming a smaller tooth count, besides wear rate increase and that chordal effect I mentioned 4 years ago (post #8), will lead to more bike speed is that one also needs to be able to apply more power. I don't see where increase the drag (mostly aero but a little mechanical friction as well) with increased speed can happen without more power. I'd love to be shown this is wrong

So the next aspect is can the rider with a set amount of power not be able to apply it to the bike if the cog wasn't smaller. This does speak to the rider's ability to pedal effectively for the ratio they are in or want to have. And this is trainable without spending any $. Andy
My friend. I coudnt not understand anything and chordal link was not working a few days ago or today.
Basically im consistently always riding at my 11T while on flats. Maybe not at incredibly high cadence but i only use the last 2 Cogs for any kind of ride for that bike (gravel&road hybrid)
I have a top speed problem with my drivetrain currently from my point of view, im considering going to 10t or 9t.
Do you think this increased wear is VERY big? is there any information on that? Thanks for the response