View Single Post
Old 04-25-24, 06:35 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 244 Posts
This afternoon I rode the Minuteman out to Bedford and then the Reformatory Branch Trail out to Concord.
I have good news to report: the RBT is now very rideable!
A big change from just a couple weeks ago.

The MM is definitely looking Spring-like:

Most of the RBT was dry and looked about the same as it did a few weeks ago:

The pleasant surprise was the big improvement in the section that was basically underwater when I was last there. Now there's stiff rutted mud in the middle and a very firm and rideable shoulder the whole length:

The dappled shade and sun in this section near Great Meadows Road is always soothing:

The Checkpoint and I took a break at the turnaround at Lowell Rd:

This was the first time I had ridden the Checkpoint the whole length of the RBT since I fitted the Gravelking SS's. They acquitted themselves very well.

I couldn't really tell how high the water was in the ponds at Great Meadows, but they certainly made a nice backdrop:

Stopping at Depot Park on the way home I enjoyed the flowering trees which may be near peak right now:

I continued home to Arlington on the MM. The total ride was a very enjoyable 28 miles.
I'm hoping the RBT stays in good shape for soon to come rides that combine it with Battle Rd, etc.

Tom
Likes For bike_tom: