View Single Post
Old 04-27-24, 11:14 AM
guy153

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by RMTBaiden
I was wondering the same thing when I read the message. I found spray.bike and I looked at there reviews. I also seen videos on how to paint and the proper techniques. This is probably going to be an early 2025 project though.
I think there are better paints than spray.bike, which tends to leave a lot of a kind of dusty powder lying around, especially if you don't keep the can nice and close to the work at all times (but then it drops powder on other parts of the frame). I have found Montana Gold acrylics preferable. No doubt there are much better paints to use than acrylic. But Montana Gold with a 2K clear-coat on top works for me. Sand it with 400 grit first, clean it up religiously with acetone (spray.bike say not to use acetone but I think you can ignore that), put the primer and the colour coats on about half an hour between each, then wait a couple of days leaving the frame somewhere warm, and put the 2K clear on, outside, and don't breathe any of it in. Wait another couple of days before building the bike up. This isn't a professional paint job but it looks pretty decent and is fairly durable.