View Single Post
Old 04-28-24, 06:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4470 Post(s)
Liked 4,133 Times in 2,762 Posts
Like it was said above it will work but you don't have the release. If you want to upgrade calipers significantly go with eeBrakes from Cane Creek, the finest rim brakes out there at the moment. If you want better braking with your current set up I would highly recommend the Jagwire Elite Link kit which has really excellent cables and housing (that also happens to be quite lightweight) and getting some SwissStop brake pads and shoes. That will greatly improve your braking without having to replace the calipers and without the release issue of Campy.

Campagnolo does make nice stuff but they kind of have their own eco system that is hard to break into with other manufacturers. To get around the issue you really can't unless you get a lever that has the release on it but in the end if I were doing that I would be running Campagnolo already.
Likes For veganbikes: