Old 04-28-24, 07:58 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11097 Post(s)
Liked 7,692 Times in 4,285 Posts
Originally Posted by 2muchroad
It's a tradeoff. On one hand, there might be potential buyers who specifically have a problem with tubular solutions, on the other hand there are far more tubular CF wheelsets being offered for a considerably lower price and of much higher value.
I can't think of a single person i have ridden with over the last 5 years that I can say would want tubular wheels instead of clinchers. This includes periodic cyclists, enthusiast cyclists, and regionally competitive cyclists.

Not a single one.

I would view a road bike with tubular carbon wheels as a worse value compared to the exact bike with non-name generic $200 new cost aluminum clinchers. Even if both were the same price, I would want the cheap alloy clinchers. So if the carbon tubular bike cost more?...well that'd be tough to view as any sort of value.

But hey- that's just me and who I ride with. Maybe your area has a bunch of roadies that want tubular carbon wheels.
Likes For mstateglfr: