View Single Post
Old 04-29-24, 07:51 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 119 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1884:

It has been raining almost constantly for the last three days. I'm not going to complain as we're way behind on moisture, but it does take the fun out of outdoor activities. Today was supposed to be cloudy, but dry before the rain starts up again tomorrow.

I headed out for a 2 mile walk before I hopped on the bike to head to work. Much to my surprise, it was misting. I thought about bailing on my walk and trying to take a 1/2 hour nap instead, but I decided to press onward. By the time I finished my walk and then rode to work, I wasn't soaking wet, but I also wasn't dry.

The temp was about 43°F, and there was a 15 mph headwind. I took the road bike despite the mist. Hopefully it clears up and is dry for the ride home.

I passed the 1,000 commuting mile mark for 2024. I try to commute at least 3,000 miles per year, so I'm right on track.

This is my one and only bicycle commute for this week. My wife's best friend unexpectedly passed away, so we're taking a last-minute flight tomorrow to Ohio for the funeral.