Old 04-29-24, 03:00 PM
Pantah

Bikes: More than I have room for.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by BMC_Kid
I think these early BMCs with the “Skeleton Crosslock Concept” aluminum lugs are really cool and unique looking. They definitely don’t look like any of their contemporary CF bikes and I absolutely love both of mine. Hard to believe it’s 20 years old now. Time flies…
I agree, definitely very unique designs and I'd wanted one ever since they were still new. My brother's second shop he worked at was a BMC dealer back in the day and they caught my eye from the get-go. Couldn't afford (or find) one until a couple of years ago.

Both good looking bikes. Your Team Machine has the paint scheme I was hoping for but had to settle with something a bit more muted.
I got it as a bare frame with just the fork and seatpost. I originally had it setup with 10 speed doubletap but wasn't a fan so now it's 10 speed Shimano.
I, too, love my vintage bikes, which actually all happen to be aluminum because I'm a Klein/Cannondale nut, but it's hard to beat the ride quality of the BMC. Weighing just under 18 pounds doesn't hurt either.

Likes For Pantah: