Old 04-29-24, 07:15 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4521 Post(s)
Liked 4,220 Times in 2,824 Posts
Originally Posted by scott967
OK, then let's look at mobility devices with 750 Watt motor and theoretical 20 mph loaded speed. Call them whatever you like. The reality here (don't know about your area) is that kids on these things are much more a problem in any location, than the lycra-clad "Lance Armstrong" type. They're illegal on sidewalks here but a 12 year old (by law must be 15 to operate) took out another kid on the sidewalk by a middle school. Principal has now made possession on school grounds an infraction. I see them going up hill, pulling a wheelie for a block in my area.

scott s.
So beyond bringing up "L.A." for zero reason then to generate controversy, and mentioning kids being problems what's the problem? Someone doing illegal things is always problematic especially when someone else gets hurt but that is not relevant to bikes that is humans not following the law and adults not teaching their kids how to behave and kids also being kids.

We have wheelie kids in our area on regular bikes causing mayhem however them being on bikes is irrelevant they don't care about other people or the law and they really don't care about themselves either as they have bikes that need work and don't wear helmets. It wouldn't be fair to the thousands of other cyclists who aren't doing what they do and just riding bikes.

People drive illegally and crash cars but we don't generally say well all cars are bad or something like that. Blame the people who do the illegal acts and also blame those who aren't trying to stop these illegal acts and also I would blame the people raising them or not raising them and teaching them to do the right thing.
Likes For veganbikes: