Trav1s
Deraill this!

Bikes: 18 Cdale Quick 1, 94 S-Works M2, 98 730 Multitrak, and a few others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 274 Posts
Originally Posted by bloomjbikes
So I can't tell you why but I goofed up completely on this old Trek. Its a 700 Multitrack not an 810. That's what going from memory will get you. oops! I will look into it further in the vintage section.
Well you're in luck! I just rebuilt a curb find 730 Multitrack and you can see my project here: Trek 730 MultiTrack Curb find- Operation WetTrek

The 730 is essentially the same bike with higher level components and a full CrMo frame. Please feel free to ask any questions about the project as I learned a bunch along the way. The end result was worth the effort - it's smooth, comfortable, and easy to ride plus has a great modern drivetrain.

What color is yours? This is from vintage-trek.com

700 Multitrack/city/bike path
91, white with blue decals on silver and green, also sapphire blue with yellow decals on white and silver. (NOTE: on some bikes the "yellow" decals are bright green.)
92, pearl white with teal decals, also sour grape with red decals, also (from reports by site visitors) sour grape with white decals)
93, teal to black fade with silver decals, also red with white decals
94, blue gray to black fade with gray decals, also Champagne with purple decals
95, black with ice blue decals, also ice blue/ice violet fade with white decals
96, titanium/steel blue fade with navy blue decals, also ice green with white decals
97, gloss mirror red with white decals, also gloss mirror black with silver decals
98, silver/titanium fade with red decals, also ice inkwell with silver decals, also pearl blue with white decals
99, metal flake titanium (with black or dark grey graphics with red outline) also pearl navy with silver decals
00, pearl navy, also pearl white with gold decals, also (from report by site visitor) Champagne with gold decals
01, rainforest (green), also graphite/bright silver fade, also pearl white/red fade.
11, metallic navy