cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 706 Times in 472 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I agree, but I do find them a bit of an inconvenience. Belt drives are efficient too, just need the gearing range etc. I'm surprised there are not more options. We had a couple of belt drive kids bikes and they were great for maintenance.
There's a rider in our Sunday group, aussie, who had a custom TI frame made, built up the rest himself, using an IGH and belt drive, otherwise upper level road components...
Just from the 'heft' test, bike weight seems about the same as a Mid-level CF bike. He's solid middle of pack rider and has no issues on the climbs...
The bike is wonderfully silent and he always seems to have the 'right' gear for the occasion ... I'll have to take a pic and post, when we're both on the next ride...
Between Ski season (WInter lasts until Mid April in the SIerra and Mammoth stays open usually to well past May- last year End of July) and now the Best times to hike in our Back Country, I've been missing the Sunday Rides... The Back Country will soon turn into an Oven, and Sunday Coastal Rides will seem like heaven (which they are...).
Ride On
Yuri
Likes For cyclezen: