View Single Post
Old 05-02-24, 12:18 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4522 Post(s)
Liked 4,222 Times in 2,825 Posts
Originally Posted by sloar
The components are in the pictures.
I clicked on the pictures and didn't see a list of components. If you are asking us to figure out all the components you are using from just a single non-high res picture of each bike while also asking us to help you then maybe you need to rethink things a little.

If I am choosing between purely those two bikes and nothing else and was just kinda guessing I would probably say the LHT but only because it is set up and I can see at least an XT rear derailleur and I do like Surly.

However if I was choosing from other stuff I (as you) would probably look at something different like say a nice Co-Motion frame and build it out exactly how I want it with the parts I want since I clearly know I like touring bikes and have some semblance of how I would build it. In my actual case I know exactly how I would build my next touring bike and have a parts list for it already (because I enjoy doing that and it helps me plan it and be able to change things easily and also not forget any parts or at least not most major parts.)

Though my current Co-Motion Cascadia is an excellent bike and set up pretty near perfectly as a classic touring bike 3x9 XT/Ultegra drivetrain with Gevenalle shifters (using Dura Ace DT shifters) and a Sugino triple crank (XD-600 I think) mated to an SKF BB, TRP Spyre disc brakes, SON dynamo with B+M IQ-X and Toplight Line Brake Plus lights and Tubus racks with Zipp Service Course SL-70 Ergo bars in 44cm with a Thompson seat post and Brooks Cambium C17 saddle...however using that info I can compare my current bike more easily with another bike with that info which is the point I would make and I have a feeling potentially indyfabz might have been making.

When you want help you should always do your absolute best to give them as much info as you can so they can help you make an informed decision. Plus places like PedalRoom allow you to post your bike and the specs so others can see it and go "cool bike" or something analogous to that. I use PedalRoom and it is great, you can see all sorts of neat bikes. Here are some of mine: https://www.pedalroom.com/members/Veganbikes (I need to get better pictures of all of them)
Likes For veganbikes: