View Single Post
Old 05-02-24, 10:52 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10643 Post(s)
Liked 12,298 Times in 6,297 Posts
Originally Posted by t2p
maybe a Serotta ? Coors team edition ?

DeRosa ?

Waterford Paramount ?
I spent some time yesterday musing on this. I went back to a listing of 1995 TdF team bikes, and like I said, all 3 teams riding Colnagos were running Dura Ace. The other teams running DA were riding Coppi, Bottechia, Look, Gazelle and Peugeot. There's also Motorola's "Caloi", which were actually Eddy Merckx, and Castorama riding "Maxi Sport", which were apparently built by Cyrille Guimard.

I did find a Look KG191 of the right era, in yellow like the Once bikes, in my size. Cheap, too! Only $250. Except the listing says, "To be repaired" Basically, if there's a frame from one of those makers on Ebay, from the right era, in the right size, it's either godawfully expensive, or it's trashed. More likely, there aren't any frames from the right era in the right size.

And this is a whim anyway. I don't feel the drive to make this happen, like I did for all the other bikes I've acquired.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: