Old 05-02-24, 08:05 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked 1,277 Times in 812 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
ebikes are just bikes that will give you some assistance while you are pedaling and only while pedaling. You might be confusing them with e-mopeds which may have pedals but also use a throttle to move you forward and are probably what your issue is as it is many people's issue but they sometimes accidentally get lumped in with actual e-bikes.
I don't disagree with your terms (pedal-assist w/o throttle = ebike; bike with throttle = e-moped). However, where I live and I think almost everwhere, the ebikes and emopeds that look alike (i.e. an emoped with pedals and a throttle) are lumped together in many regulations and also if they are differentiated, are not enforced as such. EMopeds are a menace, imho, but unfortunately are something that will continue to be a problem.

It's easy enough to recognize the ones that have huge tires and a frame that has little in common with a bicycle. It is impossible without inspection to recognize the ones that actually look like an ebike but have a little discrete throttle. Neither is effectively regulated as a motorcycle,
Likes For Camilo: