View Single Post
Old 05-03-24, 07:00 AM
Phatman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
I think creatine is supposed to bulk you up, and that a lot of it is just water retention. I remember weight lifters and other strength athletes would use it in high school. Has your weight gone up?
Weight has actually dropped, I’ve been trying to trim though. That’s part of the reason I’m doing the recovery shakes, I want to try to make sure I’m getting everything I need after a workout so I can make sure I’m staying on my meal plan for my regular meals. I have a tendency to overeat at meals if I have done a hard workout in an attempt to try to recover faster. Weirdly, eating more does make me feel better but it also, um, makes me gain weight.

I suspect that I’m just not really getting enough creatine to make any difference and I think that’s fine. I’m not trying to bulk.

Originally Posted by TMonk
I've been considering buying some of the components individually in bulk and just formulating it myself. Should be a lot cheaper.
Yeah that was kind of my goal with this protein—I drink the shake and eat a granola bar and it *should* technically get me to where I need to
be so I can eat normally during the day.

I’d be interested in a diy electrolyte solution if you’ve got one—it’s something I’ve been wanting to try. I’m normally a water only guy because I hate cleaning the **** out of my bottles, but my wife is concerned about her blood pressure (hereditary high BP runs in her family) so has starting cooking most meals with low sodium. The result is that I’m concerned I’m not really getting what I need when it’s hot out.
Likes For Phatman: