Old 05-04-24, 03:10 AM
BMC_Kid 

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 433 Times in 175 Posts
My latest retro-roadie project is a classic early'80s Picchio Special. In keeping with my passion for retro-modern builds, this bike features a balanced blend of components. It’s equipped with an 11-speed Campagnolo drivetrain, including Super Record shifters, rear derailleur, and seatpost. The setup is complemented by an 11-speed Athena crankset and front derailleur, along with a 10-speed Athena brake set for reliable stopping power. A Record headset ensures smooth steering.

For the finishing touches on my retro-roadie, I selected a sleek black anodized 3ttt stem and handlebars from my stash of parts, which I’ve meticulously wrapped in Leh leather bar tape. The Acorn bar tape features an elegant stitched and perforated design, providing both comfort and a touch of sophistication. This choice harmoniously complements the brown Repente Artax saddle, creating a cohesive and stylish aesthetic that nods to both tradition and modernity.

The wheels are a true highlight, crafted with 9-speed Record Titanium hubs and H Plus Son Archetype rims, polished to a mirror finish. They’re wrapped in 28mm Continental GP5000 tires for a perfect balance of speed and comfort. This build not only pays homage to cycling’s golden era but also delivers modern performance.

Behind the Picchio is one of my previous builds, a ‘91 Zullo SLX with 11-speed Athena, 10-speed Chorus hubs and H Plus Sons Archetype rims.

Last edited by BMC_Kid; 05-06-24 at 12:50 AM.