Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 1,347 Times in 629 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Dear fellow support members,

I have erred. I have regressed, and instead of continuing my trend of reduction, I have gone the other way, and allowed myself, in a moment of weakness, to succumb to the temptations of 'the rescue'...

But...I'm not sad at all, and it feels awesome. However! To make up for turning the opposite way, and being a bad example to all here, I will be listing 2-3 bikes tomorrow locally. In the end, we will end up with less bikes. But I currently hang my head in shame, excited to being the new save. And to be fair, one of these was on my radar for at least a couple of years. You know you would have done it, too.
I can't say much, I've bought 5 since the purge started although 2 got stripped and the frames donated righted away and the 3 that are staying are of considerably better quality than any of the vintage bikes that were removed from the roster and did indeed bump 3 that I might have talked myself into keeping otherwise. BIg Bird being one of them. There are 5 others are that will be leaving one way or another but after that it's going to be much harder to decide what goes. Then again once I get there it may become easier, it seems with each one that leaves it gets a little easier to let them go and it's getting easier to say "NO" to adding to the inventory. The guy that got my 2 Varsities said he sees old bikes set out on his mail route all the time and that he'd bring them to me if I wanted them. I graciously declined. BUT, if a red Worksop built 1971 Raleigh Grand Prix ever pops up in my size at a reasonable price..............