View Single Post
Old 05-07-24, 01:05 PM
Smaug1
Commuter

Bikes: Main Bikes: 2023 Trek Domane AL3, 2022 Aventon Level.2 eBike, 1972 Schwinn Varsity, 2024 Priority Apollo 11

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Got in 64 today with 38 miles of 18 mph headwinds, but made for a quicker return, but man did it get hot and humid for the last 45 mins, the clouds went away and the sun started to bake me and the earth pretty good. I unfortunately did not realize that the road I opted to return back on was being torn up, it was not that way 3 weeks ago, so I did about 8 miles on the sidewalk versus the potential of being nailed by a side mirror. I also believe after today's ride, I have confirmed my thoughts to unload some bikes as I have found that the CheckPoint is just fulfilling my road and gravel needs all too well and I just don't need the others. So I am going see about finding new homes for my Domane and Emonda. Might build up a mountain bike with the proceeds.
Whoa, careful there. I can maybe understand it replacing the Domane, if it's as comfortable, but I doubt it will be as fast or light as the Emonda.
If it were me, I would miss having a light, fast-rolling bike.
I start to think that way after a couple rides on my gravel bike, then I get on my Domane and realize how much easier it is at speeds over 15 mph. On the Domane,cruising at 20 mph with a tailwind is nearly effortless, but keeping at that speed on the gravel bike is not.
I suggest taking a nice road ride three days in a row:
1) on the CheckPoint
2) on the Domane
3) on the Emonda

Same route each time.

You don't want to go overboard selling bikes and realize you made a hole later just because you were in a phase.
Likes For Smaug1: