Old 05-08-24, 02:38 PM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 517 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Even if you are a larger rider, your sitbones don't move any further apart. You don't buy a saddle based on how wide you are, you buy it based on how wide your sitbones are. Or not. I may have measured my sitbones once in a fit of something but I certainly don't remember what I got and it doesn't really inform anything re: saddle selection. I buy a wide or medium wide (145mm+).

Your plan to go out "all day Thursday", flies in the face of 'best practice'. The average person would almost certainly be looking at a very painful experience even with the most perfect fit imaginable. And 15* nose down also gores another sacred cow in the fitment ideology. Are you sure that you are more comfortable that way? But what I really wanted to say is, in general you seem to worry about a too narrow saddle. Where is your saddle positioned on the rails? It should not be further back than centered over the rails unless you really know that you are an exception. Like you are 6'2" or something. In fact, an average 5'10" male 'might' do well to have some saddles as far forward on the rails as they will go. Try it before you knock it.
At a certain point it doesn't matter where your sit bones are because nobody can find them including you, and you will have to sit more upright because you can't do anything else. All that matters. At that point all you really want is the most surface area and a fairly stiff platform to support the weight.
Likes For RH Clark: