Old 05-08-24, 03:53 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 1,347 Times in 629 Posts
Well, I was going to use "the Pig", my Technium 480, as a frame up build since it didn't sell but I kind of feel that's cheating. It "technically" qualifies but I wouldn't feel quite right using it. But, I kept back one "What the heck am I going to do with this thing?" bike from my recent donating frenzy and it hit me just now I can throw it together while I decide what to do with it long term. I bought it as a frameset with brake calipers, derailleurs, crankset and a seatpost which may or may not be stuck and paid $10 for the whle thing about 6 years ago. It's a 1991 Diamaondback Momentum, my thinking is that the handling would be similar to my 1990 Interval which I love. The paint is actually not too bad considering I found it in a pile of frames in a trailer on FB Marketplace. I have the 27" wheels off an old Univega and the Kuwahara I parted out will supply the brake levers, handle bars and stem, I also have a fair selection of DT shifters. I kept the 27" Panaracers off Big Bird before I let him go and I have boxes and tubs of other parts. I don't think I'll have to buy anything, everything I will need was on the premises prior to Jan. 1st. Here's the "as found" picture LOL.......

Maybe I should call him Waldo......

.....and one mocked up with spare parts a couple years ago. Heck yeah, I forgot it even has a good chain on it already! Pretty sure I can have it on the road by this coming Saturday.

This just in, seat post was NOT stuck and the brake calipers will reach 700c wheels.

Last edited by Murray Missile; 05-08-24 at 04:16 PM. Reason: UPDATE