View Single Post
Old 05-11-24, 01:03 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked 1,012 Times in 672 Posts
Originally Posted by ArgoMan
Yeah, that's a concern. The seller is the original purchaser. He has the original paperwork.He states that they have less than 1000 km on them, no crashes, mostly on a trainer. They look very nice. But the wheels have to be at least 10 years old, likely older. They also have a funky strip thingy that you can attach to the outer wheel that supposedly makes them more aero. I'm sure their nice. But for $550, I can put the money toward something else. I need a new set for TT purposes. So, I'm looking at FLOs and even some of the higher end SuperTeam wheels. I see a set of "saw tooth" SuperTeams that are wide, fairly aero, and have pretty good reviews. I have a set of ST's that I train with and they're actually quite good. Stiff and the hub rolls as well has the Campy hubs on a set of Zondas that I have. I'm also considering a set of 9Aeros, based upon that guy "Hambini's" recommendation.
I have the 2005 variant of the Cosmic SSC at the time when they were made in France and not in Romania

I also have the precursor of the Cosmic SSC, the Cosmic Carbone from1999

The older hubs might not be carbon but are very durable and reliable.