rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2688 Post(s)
Liked 5,944 Times in 3,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Sierra_rider
Thanks. It's pretty much my back yard for me...I can ride to this particular climb, but driving to the top saves about 40 miles of riding. Starts at the top of the ridge (6600') and drops down to the river at around 3400', once at the bottom, there are some options to add mileage/elevation. During all those hours of uber boring wintertime trainer sessions, I'm just thinking of riding the high country.

I'm really stoked with my power numbers this season...I never thought I'd be able to bump up the wattage in the last 20 minutes of an hour long effort. It's been a process over the last 5 years. Circa 2020ish, I was near my ideal race weight, but didn't have the power that I've had more recently. late 2021-2022 were terrible fitness years for me. 2023's power numbers killed the previous good years by a considerable amount, but I was also 20ish pounds heavier...so I was generally slower on all but the short, explosive climbs. This year, I managed to get below my 2019-20 race weight, yet retain similar or even better power numbers than last year.
Maybe this will help with those boring trainer rides: Holograph