View Single Post
Old 03-22-06, 08:51 AM
Cycliste

Bikes: Surley LHT, Cannondale R1000, IBEX Ignition, Bianchi Boardwalk, KHS Milano Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trackhub
It's easy to say that these guys "are just trying to be funny", but I'm not amused. These jerks come across as adult men who have not aged mentally beyond 7th grade.

In Boston, cyclists went through this with WRKO's afternoon personality, Howie Carr.
Carr actually encouraged motorists to run cyclists off the road. The Mass Bicycle coalition got an apology from WRKO management, (Not from Carr himself though) and some free air time for pro-bicycle PSA's. Carr is actually quite funny when he's uncovering dirt on local politicians.

Letters from station sponsors and lawyers usually do the job nicely. I'd advise against calling the shock jock programs. Remember, these guys don't do it all themselves, they have writers and producers backing them up. What I'm saying is that they'll be prepared for your call with a scripted response, and you won't get a word in edgewise.

Good posting, Helmet Head.
Good post. I agree this is no humor but sick comments. "Cyclists making good hood ornaments" is not far from Carr's recommendations on running cyclists off the road and can easily be turned to action by anyone in their audience of intellectually challenged listeners. How would people react upon comments encouraging motorists to run over pedestrians off the cross-walk?

Ignoring is just losing.