Old 03-22-06, 09:05 AM
jberenyi

Bikes: Lynskey Level 3 Custom, De Bernardi SLX, Felt F1C, Burley Duet Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello fellow bikers,

I have a fairly new 10-Speed bike that is outfitted with all Dura-Ace accept the crank. The crank is a Truvativ Rouleur. The chain is even Dura-Ace as well as the cassette. I have a problem that is really bugging me and causes me grief when I’m on my trainer or on the road. When my chain is on the large chain ring and in the middle of the cassette it’s smooth as can be but when I shift to the smaller chain ring during a medium to hard pressure stroke my chain gets stuck and seems to wedge itself on the large chain ring tooth. I literally have to get off the bike and grab the chain firmly by hand to dislodge the chain from the tooth. This morning it happened twice in minutes while training. My chain is lubricated and squeaky clean. Run-out on chain rings are within .005. What could be causing this? Do I have a defective chain, large chain ring or is my front derailleur slightly out of adjustment? Included is a pic and hi res pic link that shows the stuck chain and it always gets stuck in this area of the large chain ring just above the crank arm.

http://www.taclatch.com/chain.jpg

Last edited by jberenyi; 03-22-06 at 09:12 AM.