Old 03-22-06, 11:10 AM
jberenyi

Bikes: Lynskey Level 3 Custom, De Bernardi SLX, Felt F1C, Burley Duet Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cycliste
I have the same crank and find the large ring troublesome too. I even changed mine recently not out of wear but because of bent teeth and finally a broken one. I could not figure out what did this and don't think it could have been derailleur alignment.

Your post and pic is having me thinking of design flaws. Wrecking a chainring like this never happened to me before.

What I don't get however from your pic and description is how the chain can stay stuck there while pedaling without either falling on the small ring or coming off altogether.

Also check if the ring is mounted correctly, not all teeth are designed uniformly for the very purpose of shifting. Is the stud that keeps the chain from getting wedged positioned behind the crankarm?
I know, I couldn't believe my eyes either. That last link you see in the image is actually stuck on the tooth so firmly that it will not release from the chain ring. The chain travels all the way around stuck and eventually slams my frame.

I called Truvativ this morning and talked to a man named Rich. He said I must have a flawed ring and to see my LBS for warranty replacement. I'm thinking of going Dura-Ace instead. There's too much on the web about this setup that has me concerned. I just wish I didn't have to spend more money to get something to work properly.