View Single Post
Old 03-27-06, 06:39 PM
Poguemahone
Vello Kombi, baby

Bikes: 1973 Eisentraut; 1970s Richard Sachs; 1978 Alfio Bonnano; 1967 Peugeot PX10

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
So I get up this morning and walk the dog thru some different alleys... nothing. I like the dog, though, even if he ain't automatic. So I go out and do my routine, cycling out to the far west end and then back into the fan. Now there is a thrift near my place of work; I can check it in two minutes, so after the class finishes, I head over, perfectly happy (good day, great ride)...

And I find this. Not exactly sure what it is... it's a C-I-D bicycle. Never heard of it, no info on CR, google search fruitless. However... it has the better part of a first generation dura-ace group on it. Brakes, levers, wheelset (low flange with Rigida 27" rims), mechs (back one badged crane, natch). The bars, stem, and post are 3ttt, the saddle an Ideale in absolutely great shape. No indications as to tubing, country of manufacture, or anything else. Drops, however, are Campy. Headset looks to be a sixties Stronglight. Cranks are cool Suginos, of the drillium variety. Frame is quite obviously of a high quality; given the five speed rear cluster and cleanliness of the frame (only braze on is a cable braze on the rear stay) I'd guestimate early seventies/late sixties. I won't know much more until the weekend, when I have time to tear it down and determine threading, then I may be able to place the nationality. I'll start a seperate thread on it then if I haven't gotten much help on id/info from this thread. I'm hoping someone knows more here...

It was (*gulp*) one hundred dollars, far, far more than I am used to paying, but given the parts, a complete steal and not the kind of bike I leave laying around for the VCU fixed gear crowd. Alas, it is 59cm, really just outside of my size range, but so close I'm thinking of fixing it up and riding it, at least a little. Overall, it's in great shape, with a few small surface rust spots, easily touched up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image0004.jpg (82.9 KB, 71 views)
image0003.jpg (89.7 KB, 112 views)
Dscn0679.jpg (92.1 KB, 65 views)
Dscn0680.jpg (92.3 KB, 54 views)
Dscn0681.jpg (90.6 KB, 45 views)