View Single Post
Old 03-28-06, 12:18 PM
kf5nd

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia Elite, Schwinn Frontier FS MTB, Centurion LeMans (1986)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=banerjek]$800/yr so I can shower off when I get to work and have a safe place to keep my bike)

Unscented baby wipes ! You'll spend $20 per year. Look for another safe place to keep your bike. Ask if you can bring it into your workplace.

as well as money travelling to or participating in organized rides.

A big reason why I no longer do pay rides... why pay to ride on public roads and eat the food and drink I carry with me?

There was over $400 in tires and tubes alone,

Wow, that is really excessive. You need to be using much more hazard resistant tires, my friend. They cost a bit more, and they will slow you down, but they'll knock a great deal off of that $400 figure. Are you patching tubes, or throwing them away after each flat? Lose the CO2 cartridges, go back to pumps.

but there was a significant amount that went to buy small maintenance items such as chains, cables, and other things When I looked at what was bought, everything looked legit and nothing seemed extravagant except $108 for a set of racing tires for my nice bike.

How many chains do you go through? And how many cables? Chains a couples times per year, cables once every few years? I don't see how you spend more than $75 per year on these items.