Old 03-30-06, 08:01 PM
pigmode
works for truffles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 11.4
Not to hijack this thread, but just to show what a nice Kellogg fixie looks like. It doesn't have to give anything back to a Nagasawa or Vanilla. Note that there are a bunch of really fine alternatives out there, and they don't take four years or four grand to get one. These folks have to work to get every sale, and you'll get an incredible level of rapport with the guy building your frame. Anyway, this the work of Spectrum (Tom and Jeff). They've probably built more real track frames than just about anyone else in the US. This was done as a variant to be a dedicated road fixie. This was built custom to fit the Honjo fenders and road brakes front and rear. Angles and all geometry are custom. The paint is a blue fine metallic; the white has a very light gold tint in the clearcoat to go with the gold downtube lettering (which is hand stenciled paint, not a decal). Check out the detail behind the head tube where the two lugs join, the quality of the internal top tube brake cable routing (done with a stainless tube so it doesn't rust inside), and the seat stay lug. The point is, if you're fixed on a Nagasawa or Vanilla, think about some of the other gorgeous alternatives out there. This took just over two months and a lot less than a Nagasawa.

Sweet! I ended up going with a Spectrum as well, and I believe my frame is next up.