Old 05-27-03, 02:29 AM
RINGO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Ultimate Bike Light Setup, with pics!

What's up People

I'm new to the site, thought I share some pics and this super cool light tip with everyone. I call it "The Ultimite Bike Light Setup".

One day while riding in the streets of Brooklyn, NY at night, a car pass me on the left hand side. I had a cheep head light on my bar and taillight on my bike at the time. I'm sure the driver saw me, but he did not. He made a wild right turn at the corner and almost killed me. It was like I was invisible or something, cause the driver made his turn as if I was not there. This kinda garbage happened to me many times before, so I did something about it. I Got tired of wasting money on those cheap light systems that use AA or AAA batteries, that don't work. Motorist in New York act like they own the streets. They think bikers should ride on the sidewalk and get out their way. Most of them don't even know how to drive their cars. They try to intimidate bikers off the road, but not me, cause my wife and I rule the streets at night now. Motorist see us coming and move out of our way fast, and they respect us now like never before. I have so much more fun riding at night now, plus I know motorist see me.

Did a search on the net for the best bike light systems and found this website http://www.NiteRider.com They have a light system called the NiteRider Storm H.I.D. The Storm H.I.D system has everything I was looking for in a light system. The H.I.D. system uses an ultra bright 10-watt metal halide arc lamp, which burns equivalent to a 30-40 watt halogen bulb with a clear blue/white light you only expect to see from the headlights of luxury European automobiles. They also have a powrful taillight system that is 20 to 30 times brighter than most stand alone taillights. I purchased 2 NiteRider Storm H.I.D helmet systems, 2 NiteRider TrailRat systems, and 6 NiteRider Taillight systems.

Our bike light setup is so cool, I have to let other bikers know about it, so they can get their own also. You may be saying "why 6 taillights, 3 for each of you?" I did not buy 6 at the same time, just 2 taillights, one for me and my wife. I did something two days later after buying them that made me order 4 more taillights the next week. One night when my wife was not going out to ride with me, I did something. I connected her taillight and my taillight together on one battery to see if it would work, and it did. The 2 light was so bright, you could use it as a flashlight around the house. I called NiteRider the next morning to ask them can this be done to see what they would say, even though I know it works. When I ask the question about the 2 taillights, the guy said "WOW!, I did not think of that one, hold on for a minute so I can see if it works". He came back on the phone and said "no it does not work, cause part of the wire is in the way and it won't fit". He suggested that I purchase another battery, I said no thanks Sir. So I'm going to share some pics and a powerful taillight setup tip with you fellow bikers.

Below are a few pics of our NiteRider light setup.

Here are some pics of our Giro helmets with the NiteRider Storm H.I.D system.

This is my helmet.

This is my wife's helmet.

Another pic of my helmet.

Here's a pic of two TrailRat 2.0 systems, Chargers and batteries for the Storm and TrailRat lights.

Here's a pic of my 3 taillight setup. Yes, that's one battery running 3 light's at one time.

Here's a pic with both Storm lights and TrailRat lights on at the same time. The picture was taking from a side angel just to give you an idea of how they look. The Storm is so bright, that motorist won't play no games with you. The Storm has a beautiful clear blue/white color that will get everone's attention on the streets. If you live in Brooklyn, NY you may have seen my wife and I speeding through the street at night.

Peace.

Ringo