JagdNeun
Uh oh...

Bikes: Giant, Rainier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Muddy, and loving it.

After getting slapped silly by a ford bronco, I decided to retire the road bike, shift gears and take up mountain biking. Best darn move Ive made in a long time. I find the workout to be a really neat experience. Almost like your getting stronger, and you dont even realize it. It sneaks up on you, navigating all those obstacles, making calculations every nano sec. Weaving and bobbing shifting, humping up a hill, clipped in those dang clipless pedals, losing momentum only to fall over on your keyster.

I got caught in my first thunderstorm in the middle of the National Forest. No place to go, but keep on getting it. I ate dirt, trying to see the trail through my steamy sunglasses as I wove through the single track trying to make it back to the car. Conquering a steep grade, that had given me trouble in the past, I felt a real rush, and at 51, that's getting harder to do every year.

Should have done this a long time ago. When I got back to the car and looked in the rear view mirror I couldnt believe how my face was covered with mud. Mud up my back, all over my legs, crack of my shorts...you name it. LOL. Way to cool.