Middi-zon
The Zon Is On!

Bikes: Giant Rainier Giant OCR3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Inoplanetyanin
Two days ago, saw how 3 police cars we standing around a bicyclist, BMX style, that was riding on campus sidewalks, which is prohibited by the signs...

They locked his hands in hand cuffs, arrested him and drove away in the back of police car. The bikes were carried away by some security truck.
I don't think this is all that necessary...
You think they might have been arresting him for something else than riding on the sidewalk? Maybe he just rapped a girl, or robbed a bank, or murdered someone. Maybe, just maybe, the cops WERE DOING THEIR JOBS! We (well, they; but I'll be able to use we in 4 to 5 years) do a stress filled, hard working job, where they (we) get shot at, stabbed, yelled at, stuff thrown at us, to serve and protect our cities or towns, and most people see us as a nuisance. I'm sorry to go off like this, but after that post I couldn't hold it in.

Back to the bike cop subject. Being a Sgt-Cadet at my city's police station I know almost every officer by their first name. We do have a bike patrol, but since we got the horses (cops on horses is a stupid idea) the bikes aren't used a ton. Whenever someone does a bike patrol shift, I'm usually out there with them, most say I can give them better training on the bike than the classes they have to take to be a bike cop did. So now I've got 3 or 4 cops doing urban assault with me. And let me tell you, the best way to get away with doing urban is doing it with a cop.

Funny story, there is this park where there is some awesome stuff to fool around on, but this old guy chases us away within 10 mins. So I'm out with one of the officers and he asked about how he can jump off stairs better, "I've got the perfect place to practice," I say, take him to the park. I hit a set a of stairs and soon enough out comes the old guy, "I thought I told you the next time I see you I would call the cops!" The officer turned around, "...Exuse me..." I almost fell over laughing, the guys mouth dropped so low you could have drove a MACK truck thought it. I never had an issue with him again.

-Middi-zon

Giant Rainier
Giant OCR 3