View Single Post
Old 04-06-06, 12:38 PM
skanking biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is by far the most frustrating lbs experience i have had. I took my bike back to the lbs that installed the cog and locking over my lunch hour, told them about the problem, and said i wanted to order a new chain and chainring---the guy looks at the bike tells me my chain is too tight--pinching in places while slack in other and that my chainline is messed up. I asked him well what do i need to do to fix it. He tells me he needs to see the old wheelset to compare--i look at him quisically. He then lookes at my hub--its a fixed/free, and asks if the drivetrain side looks the same as the other side--i said "no, its a fixed/free" He says, "what do you mean." I say "its got two sets of threads" HE says "why is that" I said "because the lockring is reverse threaded" He said "why is it reverse threaded" I say--"so things dont spin off when you apply back pressure." He says "well why are you applying back pressure?"

He then proceeds to tell me that i need to "play around with it" and should juts put the old wheelset back on--i said i dont want the old wheelset. I said i dont have many bike tools and thats why i brought it here and am willing to pay to have you fix it. I then inquire as to whether a new chain or chainring would help. He says "well its hard to say--they dont make track stuff anymore"---He then asked why i am riding a track bike.

I told him i had to go back to work--what a waste of a lunch hour