View Single Post
Old 04-09-06, 10:10 AM
ravenmore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Tifosi Sunglasses - thumbs up!

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to avoid the $150 hit on Oakleys. I've had a couple pairs of Tifosi's now and they're just awesome -esp. for the roughly $60 price tag. Optically they ARE on par with Oakley or just about anyone out there. I just got the new Pave model. I used to work for Lenscrafters in the lab making glasses, and I haven't seen optics this good for this price ever. Contrast is great - color accuity on the grey lenses is very very good (colored lenses obviously skews that but are designed for situations where color accuity isn't important), and they have an AR(sorry AR = anti-reflective) coating which I haven't noticed in sub $100 sunglasses before. The optical center of the lens is decentered which is nice but not sure if its necessary for a plano curved (non-perscription) lens. The optical center on a non perscription lens is so huge that, unless the frame design is very large, your pupils are going to fall somewhere in it.

I know I sound like an ad but geez, they're really good and darned affordable. They're worth lauding.