Old 04-10-06, 04:25 PM
Peek the Geek
is slower than you

Bikes: Gunnar Sport, Marin Pine Mountain, Gunnar Ruffian, Gunnar Roadie, BMC Fourstroke, Salsa Vaya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unsuspended
I run some big rubber up front in my 1x1, the Timberwolf race 2.7. Not exactly light but you can run at super low pressure and it is pretty sticky. If you are worried about weight maybe try the 2.3 size out and make sure and get the 'Race' casing, the DH casing is twice as heavy.

One tire I was impressed with in the past that I had used is the 2.24 mutano Raptor race. It has very large air volume for a 2.24'' tire. And as long as you are not riding in mud it proved to be a good tire for me in all other conditions. A very 'big' 2.24 tire.
2.7 up front! Them's some big tires. What kind of riding/conditions are you typically doing? I'm guessing you're dealing with rougher terrain and more downhills than I would be on the singletrack near here.

It's good to hear you like the Mutano Raptor. If I were to choose WTBs, I would probably run a 2.24 Mutano up front with a 2.1 Nano Raptor up front. I obviously still haven't narrowed the choices down that far yet, though.

What kind of pressure did you typically run the Mutano at?