View Single Post
Old 04-12-06, 09:21 AM
xbertmx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CX bike for Triathlons? Suggestions?

I'm planning to start doing some triathlons, and rather than go down the road bike route (I'm still an MTBer that likes trails, and going full road with slick tires really doesn;t appeal to me), I was thinking I would get a CX bike instead. I figured I could throw on a couple of slick tires if need be for races, but I can't see myself caring about a couple of minutes a road bike might gain for me (at least for now).

So with that being said, could anyone recommend a CX bike that might be a good compromise? Something fairly light, with more race oriented geometry? But having read up on cyclocross racing over the last couple of days, now I'd definitely want something thats capable of holding its own in a CX race as well... I'm easily distracted...

I know nothing will be able to do all of these things perfectly, but a good middle-ground would be great. So far I've been looking at the Specialized Tricross Comp, Ridley Crosswind, or maybe a Salsa Las Cruces (haven't heard of scandium before, is it all its cracked up to be?). But I'm not sold any one in particular so far... So either complete bikes or just frame suggestions would be great.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by xbertmx; 04-12-06 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Only way I could post a new message