TMB
Permanent Refugee .......

Bikes: Steel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grasschopper
So tell us about it. What is the tubing? What was the process? I notice you have cantis on there...this a cross bike, tourer?

Must....have...more...details.
It is to be a Cross Bike.

True Temper OX Platinum. The process is actually smooth and easy, I paypal'd him a deposit and followed up with measurements as he requests on the fit page of his website.

He than contacts you, goes over the process, what you like, what you want changed, etc.

Emailed me a PDF of the design for sign-off. A number of discussions followed and - presto - there it is.

I should have it in hand next week ( Looking forward to that) and will tell more. I also wanted a steel fork, rather than the carbon ones that are so popular these days. Doug seemed really happy to hear that and built me a fork. I asked for some other changes, braze on pump peg, braze on FD hanger and fender eyelets. I have no idea if I will ever use them, but if you head out in foul weather, they are very nice to have.

Doug was happy to oblige with all of those requests. The thing that caused a bit of a glitch was my asking for two colours. The bike is powder-coated and the coater decided to push all of his other work through to give time to work on the fade, I think it came out really nicely but did add some time.

I enjoyed the process and if looking for another bike will probably go to Curtlo first choice ( note that I have not ridden it yet!).