View Single Post
Old 09-02-01, 09:36 AM
ViciousCycle
Chicago Cyclist

Bikes: My frame is covered in reflective tape. After adding ridiculously large handlebars, a comfy seat, and enough carrying capacity to haul a Thanksgiving grocery run home, the manufacturer wouldn't recognize it.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by cyclezealot
So your wife won't go out with you,and says, do you have to do that every day, what about the yard.
There's a lot to be said for small yards. I wouldn't want to give up my small yard for one that requires a lot of maintenance.

River Forest, Illinois is an affluent suburb that has massive residential lawns. Many hours a months are spent cutting the grass, etc. Yet none of the residents use their yard at all. You'd never catch them eating at a picnic table on a beautiful summer evening. You'd never catch them with any kids playing in the yard. You'd never even see anyone swinging in a hammock. It's ironic that a small fortune is paid out every month to have these yards maintained and no one ever uses them.

If one spends more time maintaining a yard than enjoying it, then the yard is too big.

Luckily, my spouse and I share similar views om both bicycles and yards.....