2Rodies
El Diablo

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8/Record 10s, Felt DA700 Chorus 10s,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cbip
What I'm trying to say is anyone can call themselves a RACER, but at least temper it with an honest grading of your ability. I constantly hear " I race crits" or " When I raced at so and so this past weekend"
and thats fine. Anyone that will line up against others in a competitive sport is surely a passionate and competitive person, but just because you line up doesnt mean you are a Racer. It means that you have the desire, guts and ego to place yourself in a win lose situation. I can run the 100 meter dash but I'm not a sprinter, I can dunk a basketball but that doesnt make me a player, hell, I can hit a golf ball farther than almost anyone on this planet but that doesnt make me a Golfer.
If everyone would be honest about there abilities, we would all recognize that until you get paid to do these things we are all just great amature competitors.
Just because you "race" someone it doesnt make you a racer, its who you race that is important.
Line up with Danielson and see how fast he disappears on the horizon. All the rest of this is just talk. Typical of most Forums.

If I go to a race. Compete in a race. Am I not a racer? Is a collage football player not a football player until he gets a pro contract? You are making little sense here. I can appriciate that you want people to qualify their discription of themselves as amature racer rather than just racer. But the fact remains they are still racers.