View Single Post
Old 04-20-06, 12:55 AM
ccrnnr9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you plan to race, I would still consider jumping one step above veloce and going w/ centaur and one step above 105 and going with ultegra, but that is me. It just seems to me that with a budget that high it is easily attainable. Hell, once Im done, I will have a full ultegra bike that weighs 17.3lbs with my heavy cheapo FSA training wheels and prob about 16.5 with my race wheels. That is plenty light and I will spend under 2000$ for the whole setup. If I go with a Pedal Force frame and swap the parts over, then I could probably break 16lbs with full race setup. One thing to remember is that I think it is BS for people to say campy is better than shimano or vice versa...they are both great, just get whichever you like best. And it is easy to get used to both campy and shimano. My coach/advisor has 4 bikes that he rides regularily....2 with record and 2 with dura ace. He rides dura ace for his races and record on his training bikes. It is all personal preference...you will be happy either way!
~Nick